Location: Falmouth, Maine
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development
Purpose of the position:
The Development and Gifts Manager administers gift processing, acknowledgements as well as membership and annual fund assistance. This position is responsible for introducing creative strategies for generating income and membership growth, overseeing data management needs, and processing all gifts received and acknowledgements for the Development Department.
Gift Processing and Acknowledgements
- Process all gift and membership information into Raiser’s Edge.
- Run gift acknowledgments and membership cards on all gifts processed after gift entry; prepare for mailing, obtain appropriate personal signatures as needed and mail.
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure smooth and timely transfer of deposits and batch information to Financial Edge.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to assist in preparing acknowledgement letters and other administrative tasks as necessary
- Receive all donations into department and prepare deposit for batch entry.
Membership and Annual Fund Assistance
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to ensure accuracy of email lists and Habitat mailing lists.
- Manage all aspects of monthly giving program.
- Manage the integrity, maintenance, upkeep, and accuracy of membership and development data in
- Raiser’s Edge, includes performing import/export, data entry, report generation, word merge, and spreadsheet functions.
- Prepare membership budgets and monitor revenue and expenses.
- Oversee magazine subscription and incoming national member information with National Audubon.
- Support and collaborate with nature store, program staff, and remote sites in member acquisition, retention and stewardship.
- Provide data extraction, support, and analysis for the organization as a whole.
- Oversee membership information for chapter leaders. Work with chapters to improve member recruitment and retention.
- With Manager of Membership and Annual Giving, help ensure the accuracy and integrity of Raiser’s Edge data. Play a hands-on role in overall database management.
- Provide special event and administrative assistance to development office functions as needed.
- Copy documents for appropriate gifts; associate with gift correspondence for paper files.
- Make demographic changes to donor profiles as identified by processing most recent donation.
- Lead the implementation of annual Peony Bloom and Ice Cream Social.
- Acts as MaineShare board representative: complete and submit yearly documentation, attend quarterly board meetings and promote MaineShare message; serve on appropriate board subcommittee(s) when requested and fulfill the duties of this position.
- Requires strong skills in donor database management, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience coordinating solicitation mailings, creation of marketing materials, and reporting statistical analysis.
- Experience administering a membership program.
- Requires strong office administrative skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Non-profit organization experience dealing with natural resources issues.
- Requires understanding of Raiser’s Edge v. 7.5 or greater.
- Requires advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires experience with email marketing software, such as MailChimp.
- Ability to use computer for long periods
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to Membership and Annual Giving Manager search, Maine Audubon, 20 Gilsland Farm Road, Falmouth, ME 04105 or email to [email protected] with “Membership and Annual Giving Manager” in the subject line. Application deadline is November 4, 2016. Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.