Your support for Maine Audubon is critical to sustaining our work on behalf of Maine’s irreplaceable wildlife and habitat.
Learn more about the many ways you can provide financial support to Maine Audubon:
- Make a gift securely online
- Make a recurring gift as a Frequent Flyer
- Mail us a check
- Include Maine Audubon in your will or estate planning
- Make a gift of stock or other securities
- Make a commemorative gift in honor of a loved one
- Participate in a Matching Workplace Gift program
Additionally, you can support our work by joining Maine Audubon, partnering with us, volunteering your time, or shopping in our Nature Store:
- Become a Maine Audubon member
- Give a gift of membership to someone else
- Become a Corporate Partner
- Volunteer your time
- Shop in our Nature Store
Frequent Flyers are a group of dedicated supporters who make automatic monthly gifts to Maine Audubon. Becoming a Frequent Flyer allows you to divide your gift into manageable increments through convenient deductions from your credit card or checking account.
In addition to being convenient, recurring giving is also the most sustainable way to support our work. Frequent Flyers provide financial stability and security for Maine Audubon, and they are also exempted from our annual appeals — saving both paper and postage.
In appreciation of this support, Frequent Flyers receive:
- All benefits associated with membership
- A limited edition Frequent Flyer mug featuring a Short-eared Owl, by Maine artist Jada Fitch (minimum $10/month donation)
- Name recognition in Habitat, our quarterly magazine for members
- Free admission to Maine Audubon signature events
- An annual statement summarizing your contributions that you can use for tax purposes
- Access to our dedicated support liaison who can answer your questions about the monthly giving program
To become a Frequent Flyer, just visit our giving page and select the option for recurring giving. Thank you!
You can always send a check, made payable to “Maine Audubon,” to our offices in Falmouth:
20 Gilsland Farm Road
The Maine Audubon Legacy Society recognizes those individuals who have included Maine Audubon in their estate plans or have made a life income gift. Benefits include lifetime Maine Audubon membership.
By naming Maine Audubon in your will, you can be assured that the preservation of the environment will be continued past your lifetime. By making a bequest from your will or living trust (or a future gift of retirement plan assets or life insurance premiums), you may be able to make a more substantial and lasting contribution than you had thought possible.
Other options include bequeathing a percentage of your estate to Maine Audubon along with other beneficiaries, or giving the residual after other bequests have been fulfilled. The type of bequest depends on individual circumstances, but it may take the form of specified amounts of cash, securities, life insurance, real estate or other property.
A bequest in your will is often the most direct and most significant way to make a planned gift to Maine Audubon. Charitable bequests are fully deductible and can help reduce your state and federal estate taxes. If you are interested in updating your will or adding a codicil to include Maine Audubon as a beneficiary, please consult with your attorney. The following language may be helpful to your attorney in drafting a bequest to Maine Audubon:
I give to Maine Audubon, a not-for-profit corporation having its headquarters in Falmouth, Maine, the sum of $ _________ (or ___ percent of my estate) to be used for its general purposes (or describe a specific program or sanctuary in accordance with your particular interests).
If you have questions or would like to discuss giving options, please email us or call 207.781.2330 x230.
Thank you for considering a gift of appreciated securities to Maine Audubon. Transferring stock and mutual funds can be an easy and straightforward way to give to Maine Audubon. In many cases, it can also offer a tax advantage. Please note that we can only accept donations of US-listed securities.
When making your donation, please have your stock broker refer to the following information and procedures to ensure an accurate and timely transaction. It is important that we are notified prior to every stock transfer in order for us to accurately identify, allocate, and acknowledge your gift.
Charitable Organization Information
Name: Maine Audubon
Address: 20 Gilsland Farm Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
Main phone number: 207.781.2330
Contact: Director of Development
Direct line: 207.781.2330 x218
DTC Delivery Information
Bank Name: U.S. Bank
DTC Participant Number: 2803
FFC: Maine Audubon
Contact: Stephen Benevento, 617.726.7095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions to give to your stock broker
- Please have your broker contact Stephen Benevento at Boston Trust & Investment Management Company to notify them of the expected gift — confirming your name as the donor, the name of the stock, the number of shares being transferred, and the name of the delivering institution prior to delivery.
- Please have your broker confirm the donation at the time of the transaction with Maine Audubon by emailing or mailing a copy of the valuation letter to Maine Audubon at the contact information listed above. Ask that your broker include your name as the donor, the number of shares and the value of the shares at the date of transfer, the total gift amount, and any restrictions or designations you’d like to make for the gift.
After the gift is received, donors will receive a letter from Maine Audubon acknowledging the contribution based on the valuation letter.
Many employers will match your membership or annual fund gift to Maine Audubon. If your employer has a matching gift program, just enclose their matching gifts form with your membership or annual fund donation. We’ll do the rest.
If you have questions or would like to discuss giving options, please email us or call (207) 781-2330, ext. 230.
Thank you for thinking of Maine Audubon as a way to honor or remember someone special. When you visit our giving page, you may select the option for making a commemorative gift. Please provide as much information as possible.
In addition to your gift acknowledgement, Maine Audubon will send a letter notifying your honoree that a gift has been made in their honor. In the case of a memorial donation, we will notify a family member.