At Maine Audubon, we are engaging with the creative community through exhibitions of Maine artists in the Gilsland Farm Gallery, workshops and classes that connect to the art, nature, and wildlife of Maine.
Introducing Brush with Nature!
In September of 2021, we will be hosting a juried Plein Air event at all 8 of our sanctuaries. Over 4 days, invited artists will spread out across the state to paint, draw, or create work for an Art Auction to take place at the end of the month. All are welcome to explore our sanctuaries and watch the artists at work! Click here for more details.
Gilsland Farm Gallery
Opening June 5, 2021 – Dudley Warner, “Avian Images”
Image above: Male Loon Protecting the Female and Chick, Photo by Dudley Warner
Located in the atrium of the Visitor Center at Gilsland Farm, the Gilsland Farm Gallery holds between 6 and 12 rotating exhibitions per year. We look for artists who have a connection to Maine, Maine Audubon and our mission, and/or nature and conservation. To submit your work for review, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jay Stormer, February-March 2020
- Erika Melhus, January 7-February 7, 2020
- Meredith Morehouse, November 16, 2019- January 3, 2020
- Laurie Burhoe, October 1 – November 15, 2019
- Jennifer Schmitt, Mixed media printmaking (Sept. 10-Sept. 27, 2019)
- Jacqueline Johnson, Maine Endangered Species Project (July 20-Sept 7, 2019)
- Michel Droge, “Gilsland Farm Native Plants Cyanotypes”
(June – July 16, 2019)
- Page Eastburn O’Rourke (May 2019)
- 2018 Junior Duck Stamp Art award winners (March 2019)
- John Knight, “Growing at your Feet” (January/February 2019)
- Alyssa Watters, acrylic (December 2018/January 2019)
- Father Paul Plante, pastels
- Sherrie York, linoleum prints
- Michael Boardman, watercolors
- Jada Fitch, watercolors
- Hemlock Hospice: David Buckley Borden and Aaron Ellison
- Cathryn Falwell, collage
- Michele Clamp, watercolors (January/February 2018)
The Nature of Craft
We have decided to postpone our annual craft show, The Nature of Craft: Maine Artisans at Maine Audubon until summer of 2022.