Located in the atrium of the Visitor Center at Gilsland Farm, the Gilsland Farm Gallery holds between 6 and 8 rotating exhibitions per year.
We look for artists who have a connection to Maine, Maine Audubon and our mission, and/or nature and conservation.
We are happy to receive inquiries from all types of artists, however sculpture and 3D art are unlikely to be shown inside given the multi-use nature of our space. Relief sculptures that can be hung on the walls without extra reinforcement (nothing too heavy) will be considered. Temporary outdoor sculpture installation proposals are also welcome.
We select artists based on relevance to Maine Audubon’s mission and current programming, skill, and seek a variety of styles and media.
We plan our exhibition schedule 9+ months in advance.
To be considered to show in the Gallery, please email your name, website and/or social media with images of your work to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and support!
Current and Upcoming Exhibitions
Spindleworks Art Studio, June 25-July 27, 2023
MJ Benson, November/December 2023
- Spindleworks Art Studio, BEING THERE: GILSLAND, June 21-July 27, 2023.
- Whitney River, April 13-June 20, 2023
- Dudley Zopp, January 26-April 2, 2023
- 12: A Small ART Show: November 16, 2022-January 4, 2023
- Fred Michel, Horticultural Art: October 4-November 15, 2022
- Brush with Nature Auction Preview – September 16-29, 2022
- Kerrin Parkinson – June 29-September 5, 2022
- Vanessa Nesvig – Restoring the Wild, May 6-June 26, 2022
- Andre Benoit – Owls, March 2-April 30, 2022
- Robin Brooks, Nature Inspired Art at Maine Audubon, January 6-February 28, 2022
- Caren-Marie Michel, Maine Paintings, November 19, 2021-January 3, 2022
- Aqueous (Maine artists, Victoria Gordon, and Jan Van Tassell and Linda Van Tassell), September 29-November 14, 2021
- Brush with Nature Art Auction paintings September 2021
- Dudley Warner, Avian Images, June 5-September 3, 2021
- Jay Stormer, February 14-March 20, 2020
- Erika Melhus, January 7-February 7, 2020
- Meredith Morehouse, November 16, 2019- January 3, 2020
- Laurie Burhoe, October 1-November 15, 2019
- Jennifer Schmitt, Mixed media printmaking, September 10-27, 2019
- Jacqueline Johnson, Maine Endangered Species Project, July 20-September 7, 2019
- Michel Droge, Gilsland Farm Native Plants Cyanotypes, June 1-July 16, 2019
- Page Eastburn O’Rourke, May 2019
- 2018 Junior Duck Stamp Art award winners, March 2019
- John Knight, Growing at your Feet, January/February 2019
- Alyssa Watters, bird acrylic paintings, December 2018/January 2019
- Father Paul Plante, bird eye pastels
- Sherrie York, bird linoleum prints
- Michael Boardman, watercolors
- Jada Fitch, Moths of Maine, watercolor
- Hemlock Hospice: David Buckley Borden and Aaron Ellison
- Cathryn Falwell, collage
- Michele Clamp, bird watercolors (January/February 2018)