2021 Update (April 5, 2021):
Maine Audubon is planning to host summer camp programs at Gilsland Farm and Fields Pond in July and August 2021. Due to continued uncertainty related to COVID-19, we may still choose to cancel programs should safety or program quality warrant it. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Summer camp at Gilsland Farm is now full. We allowed pre-registration for families who had registered and were bumped from spots in 2020. Due to extremely limited capacity and unprecedented demand, these spots filled very quickly and we regret not being able to host more families this year. You may still join the waitlist or apply for a scholarship spot. We will hold spots in each session at Gilsland Farm and Fields Pond for need-based scholarship applicants. Scholarship information and application
Summer camp at Fields Pond has openings! Scroll down to register.
Monday-Friday, 9 am-3 pm
For campers who have completed grades K-2; $315 members, $390 nonmembers
- July 12-16: Amazing Adaptations
- July 26-30: Nature Art
- August 9-13: Avian Adventures
- August 23-27: Homes & Habitats
Monday-Friday, 9 am-3 pm
For campers who have completed grades K-2; $185 members, $205 nonmembers
- August 9-13: Homes and Habitats
- August 16-20: Amazing Adaptation
- August 23-27: Nature Art
To ensure the safety of participants, families, and staff, we will implement measures that include smaller camp groups, daily screenings, and increased cleaning and sanitation. Masks will be required, and campers will sit at least six feet apart when they remove masks for lunch and snack. Programs will take place entirely outdoors, though campers will shelter indoors (with more than six feet of distancing) should unsafe weather conditions arise. We will adhere to all MCDC recommendations and guidelines for camps and schools, as well as guidance from the American Camp Association. If your child or a member of your household is at higher risk for complications related to COVID-19, please speak with your healthcare provider to determine if attending camp is the right choice for your family.
Maine Audubon programs staff will be planning and restoring other programs as conditions allow, and we are hope to be able to accommodate more youth and their families.
Camp Cancellation Policy
- If a camp session is cancelled by Maine Audubon, attendees will be notified and full refunds will be issued.
- If camp registration is cancelled by the attendee, no refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 14 days of the start of the camp session. For cancellations made more than 14 days in advance, refunds will be issued minus a $30 processing fee.
- For cancellations resulting from exposure to COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19 symptoms, refunds will be issued minus a $30 processing fee.
Program proceeds benefit the work of Maine Audubon.
Through the generosity of local businesses, organizations and individuals, partial scholarships are available for Maine residents who need financial assistance. For more information, please call: (207) 781-2330, ext. 221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.