Location: Fields Pond Audubon Center, Holden
The Program Intern will develop, deliver and assist with adult, family, and youth programs with a major emphasis on school children in grades K-12. These programs are designed to instill fascination, understanding and responsibility for the natural world and focus on natural history, sustainability, and human impacts.
Qualifications and Essential Duties:
- Must have an ability to communicate effectively with various age groups and audiences on and off site;
- Knowledge of Maine’s natural history and ecological concepts;
- Have or be working towards a degree in biology, education, or environmental studies;
- Responsible and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Have (or able to work towards) current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Assist with leadership of summer nature camp programs and special events;
- Ability and willingness to assist with building and property stewardship projects/maintenance;
- Skilled with basic computer software applications;
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a sense of humor;
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds when setting up for programs or working on the property.
- Able to hike all trails on Fields Pond property as part of programming and stewardship.
- Able to use hands/fingers to operate computer and other program equipment.
- Able to work outdoors in challenging environmental conditions.
Appointment: This position is full-time in the summer (10 weeks, starting mid to late June). Some flexibility on begin/end dates & hours.
Internship Stipend: $5000/ summer
To apply: Please send a letter of intent and resume to Maine Audubon, 216 Fields Pond Road, Holden, ME 04429, or email [email protected] We will begin reviewing application immediately. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Maine Audubon is and Equal Opportunity Employer. Any job offers are contingent on a successful criminal background check.