Maine Audubon is seeking a seasonal Store Coordinator for the Scarborough Marsh Audubon Center Nature Store.
The Store Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be running the Nature Store, including merchandising, cash out and inventory. This position requires managing volunteers.
Qualifications and Essential Duties:
▪ Retail experience, including cash out, inventory and merchandising
▪ Able to multitask
▪ Canoeing experience – able to lift and paddle canoes
▪ Able to manage and recruit adult and teenage volunteers
▪ Knowledge of basic natural history and ecological concepts
▪ CPR and First Aid certification
▪ Ability to work with minimal supervision
▪ Experience working with children
▪ Friendly, high energy and good sense of humor
▪ Ability to work outdoors in challenging environmental conditions
▪ Other duties as assigned
▪ Ability to stand for extended periods of time
▪ Ability to lift 75 pound canoe with another person, carry that canoe 30 feet and physical movement necessary for putting the canoe up on a rack;
▪ Ability to canoe against the wind and current
▪ Ability to operate canoes, computer and other program equipment
The position runs from late-May until mid-September. From late-May until Labor Day, the week consists of three, nine-hour days, including at least one weekend day and some evenings. Holiday work is required.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and two references to [email protected] Include job ID# SMAC-SC15 in the subject of your email. We will review applications immediately and will accept applications until the position is filled.
Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any job offers are contingent on a successful background check.