Maine Audubon is seeking a seasonal canoe and kayak assistant to work at the Scarborough Marsh Audubon Center.
Qualifications and Essential Duties:
- Canoeing experience – able to lift and paddle canoes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Friendly, high energy, and good sense of humor
- Ability to work outdoors in challenging environmental conditions
- Able to multitask
- Other duties as assigned
- CPR and First Aid certification a plus
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 75 pound canoe with another person, carry that canoe 30 feet and physical movement necessary for putting the canoe up on a rack
- Ability to canoe against the wind and current
- Ability to operate canoes
The position runs from mid- June until mid-September. From late-May until Labor Day, the week consists of four, nine-hour days, including weekends and some evenings. Holiday work is required. The position is outside in Maine’s largest salt marsh. The staff are able to use canoe and kayaks and go on center field trips.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and two references to [email protected]. We will review applications immediately and will accept applications until the position is filled.