Position Title: Occasional Overnight Site Manager
Location: Borestone Mountain, Maine
Immediate Supervisor: Borestone Property Manager
Maine Audubon is a widely respected conservation organization with headquarters located in Falmouth, Maine, with state-wide influence. Our mission is to conserve Maine’s wildlife and habitat through conservation, education, and citizen action. We are seeking an individual with property management experience to occasionally staff the rental lodges at Borestone Mountain overnight in order to be on hand to address any facility or guest needs that may arise.
The Occasional Overnight Site Manager is responsible to assist the Borestone Property Manager and staff with property operations on occasional overnights in order to provide a welcoming, friendly, safe and clean environment for overnight guests at our lodge facilities. The Occasional Overnight Site Manager works under the direction of the Borestone Property Manager and Borestone Assistant Property Manager.
Responsibilities include assisting lodge renters during their stay, maintaining the operation of basic systems such as the water supply system, performing minor repairs, and other tasks to maintain and enhance the value of the property. It is the intent that the Occasional Overnight Site Manager will have a minimum of 8 hours of sleep time per overnight in a furnished room, barring emergencies in the overnight period.
Essential and Specific Functions
- Staff the Boathouse area in order to be on hand to assist with overnight management operations at Borestone Mountain Lodges
- Welcome guests and visitors, providing information and shuttling guests to and from lodges via vehicle and boat
- Perform minor property maintenance and repairs on a timely basis to insure a positive guest experience and maintain the quality of the existing structures
- Contacts Borestone Property Manager in the event of any facility or guest emergencies during occasional overnight rentals
- Deal with guest requests and concerns on a timely basis to insure guest satisfaction
- Perform minor administrative functions as needed, such as recordkeeping of repairs, emergencies, etc.
- Assist in the operation of the water chlorination system, fireplaces, and other systems, as needed
- Performance of some housekeeping duties such as cleaning, garbage removal, etc. to ensure a positive guest experience
- Occasionally prepare lodges for occupancy and clean up after visitor stays
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience working with property rental and maintenance
- Exceptional customer service skills and a friendly outgoing manner
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws
- Ability to work occasional overnight schedule, including weekend nights
- CPR/First Aid certificate desirable
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Physical abilities required: ability to stand, sit, bend at waist, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to paddle and manage a canoe and motor boat safely
Timing, Pay, and Benefits
- Variable schedule dates due to rental and staffing schedules
- Work day for Occasional Overnight Site Manager typically encompasses a 26 hour period, 8 am to 10 am the following day; with 18 hours paid time and 8 hours unpaid sleep time (except in the case of overnight emergencies, for which sleep time is not deducted)
- Pay rate is $14 per hour
- Position runs until early October, 2018
- Temporary position – not eligible for benefits
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Borestone Occasional Overnight Site Manager” in the subject title.