Location: Falmouth, Maine
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development
Purpose of the position:
The Membership and Annual Giving Manager oversees the work, systems and protocols of the development team. This position directs annual and corporate giving, is responsible for the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database and oversees the coordination of gift processing, solicitation and acknowledgement policies and processes. This position supports the Director of Development in major gift functions.
Lead and Execute Membership and Annual Fund Giving
- Conceive, plan, and manage multichannel strategies for the cultivation, acquisition, renewal, upgrade and stewardship of Maine Audubon’s members. This includes all aspects of acquisition campaigns (direct mail, email, social media, and other) and monthly renewals (direct mail and email).
- Work closely with the Development and Gifts Manager to ensure coordination of solicitation efforts.
- Provide analysis of membership campaigns and membership retention.
- Set annual goals and identify opportunities and strategies to increase lead/prospect pool, membership base and net revenue.
- Manage annual fund budget.
- Design and supervises implementation of donor gatherings hosted by Board members and major donors.
- Set up tributes program and execution
Manage Corporate Giving
- Manage all aspects of the Corporate Partner fundraising program including management of a volunteer committee, prospecting, solicitation, and a campaign celebration event with keynote speaker.
- Assist Development Director with Prospect Research and Major Gift Moves Management
- Assist in developing long and short term planning objectives for the Development Department.
- Oversee the management of the prospect pipeline and prospect tracking, identifies and assigns new prospective donors.
- Implement a moves management system and follow-ups for major donors and prospects.
- Provide reporting and analysis on giving trends.
- Manage our iWave donor prospect account
- Direct special fundraising initiatives such as issue-based campaigns
- Ensure that all fundraising activities are tracked in Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for membership data processing.
Maine Audubon Staff
Donors and Prospects
Community leaders and friends
Prefer Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising program skills
Broad spreadsheet, word processing, email, database computer skills
- Management level and professional background in administering comprehensive fundraising programs
- Written and oral communications skills
- Supervisory skills
- Experience with non-profit organization dealing with natural resources issues.
- Ability to represent Audubon’s mission, goals, and philosophies with the highest professional standards.
Ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel
Please send cover letter and resume to Membership and Annual Giving Manager search, Maine Audubon, 20 Gilsland Farm Road, Falmouth, ME 04105 or email to [email protected] with “Membership and Annual Giving Manager” in the subject line. Application deadline is November 4, 2016. Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.