The Outreach Intern will develop and deliver adult, family, and youth programs with a major emphasis on school children K-12. These programs are designed to instill fascination, understanding and responsibility for the natural world and focus on natural history, sustainability and human impacts. The outreach component allows Fields Pond Audubon Center to extend their programming goals and visibility to the greater Bangor area.
Qualifications and Essential Duties:
▪ Must have an ability to communicate effectively with various age groups and audiences on and off site;
▪ Know Maine’s natural history and ecological concepts;
▪ Able to assist children in understanding their role in the environment and how their behaviors affect nature;
▪ Have or be working towards a college degree in biology, education, or environmental studies;
▪ Able to communicate and deliver programs to a variety of audiences and learning styles from children through adults;
▪ Able to work with minimal supervision;
▪ Have current First Aid and CPR certification;
▪ Know how to use Microsoft Office including PowerPoint;
▪ Enthusiastic and flexible with a sense of humor; and
▪ Must pass a criminal background check.
▪ Able to often lift objects up to 50 pounds when setting up program space;
▪ Able to frequently hike all trails on Fields Pond property as part of program;
▪ Able to operate computer and other program equipment;
▪ Able to work outdoors in challenging environmental conditions
Time frame: The position is part-time through the fall and spring semesters and will continue full-time in the summer. Interns may apply for the year or a semester. This position is meant to be a year-round internship but people may apply for one or more of the three sections, fall, spring or summer.
Internship Stipend: $1500 fall semester; $1500 spring semester; $5000 ten weeks late spring/summer
To apply: Please send a letter of intent and resume to Maine Audubon, 20 Gilsland Farm Rd, Falmouth, Maine 04105 or e-mail [email protected] We have already filled the summer 2016 position and are currently accepting applications for the fall of 2016. We will begin reviewing applications immediately. Resumes are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any job offers are contingent on a successful criminal background check.