Funding for this Historic Land Bond will be Question #3 on November Ballot
On November 6th Maine voters can act to replenish the Land for Maine’s Future Program with a $5 million bond. A diverse coalition of sporting groups, businesses, fishermen, communities, conservation organizations and many others support LMF.
The Land for Maine’s Future program has an outstanding record of success at conserving Maine’s natural resources. Supporting it on November 6th will allow Maine to continue this record:
- LMF has guaranteed public access to hundreds of thousands of acres and dozens of water bodies.
- The Land for Maine’s Future program has conserved lands in each of Maine’s 16 counties.
- LMF provides an economic boost by conserving working farms and forest lands.
- LMF has conserved 23 important commercial waterfront access properties that span the coast, providing access for more than 510 fishing boats.
- LMF has secured mountain summits, rivers, lakes, ponds, and coastal shorelines.
- LMF addresses the diverse interests of Maine residents – those who fish, hike, farm, raft, bike, boat, hunt, snowmobile, and camp – in short, all who value the rich natural heritage that is Maine.
LMF is one of the state’s most popular programs. Voters overwhelmingly passed bonds in 1987, 1999, 2005, 2007, and 2010. With your help we can continue this record of success for Maine’s wildlife and wildlife habitat.
Thank you for your support!
Jennifer Burns Gray
Staff Attorney and Advocate
(207) 781-6180 ext. 224