Fields Pond Facility Rental
Hold your next special occasion or event at the Fields Pond Audubon Center and enjoy the peaceful grounds and facilities you help make possible.
For further information or to schedule an event, please email us or contact us at 207-989-2591.
- The entire building, including two restrooms are handicap accessible.
- The Nature Store adjoining the rental space is open during business hours and during evening events.
- A small kitchen with stove, microwave and refrigerator is available.
- 80 folding chairs (inside use only)
- 2 six-foot tables (inside use only)
- 6 eight-foot tables (inside use only)
- Maximum capacity for the building is 80 people for a stand-up event; 60 for a lecture; 50 for events that use tables, e.g. dinners or work meetings.
- No audio visual equipment is available; renters must make arrangements to bring their own.
- A telephone is available for emergency use for local outgoing calls.
If notified well ahead of time, Maine Audubon staff will set up chairs and tables as needed for meetings.
For social functions, renters/caterers are responsible for set up and break down.
Maine Audubon will try to accommodate renters with space for storage of rental equipment and extra time for set up, BUT this must be arranged well ahead of time so as not to interfere with other programs and renters.
A Maine Audubon staff member or volunteer is available during events for questions.
Rates & Fees
Meetings / Social Functions
- Daytime Meetings: $200
- Evening or Weekend Events $400
All rates subject to state tax of 7%.
Terms & Conditions
Political Events: We are unable to accommodate rentals for partisan political events.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please remember that the grounds are open to the public from dawn to dusk daily, including during rentals.
- Prior to Center use, payment in full is required.
Cancellations & Refunds: It is important to let us know if a function has been cancelled as arrangements are made to have a staff member available to cover the building.
Damages: The renter assumes all financial responsibility for damages or loss to Maine Audubon and for any personal injury which may occur during or as a result of use of the property.
Liquor Regulations: If alcohol is to be served, renter must furnish a Maine state licensed bartending service. Maine Audubon reserves the right to remove (or have removed) intoxicated parties at their cost.
Trash & Cleanup:
- Trash and leftover foods are the responsibility of the renter.
- Trash must be removed from the building and taken from the premises or placed in the second dumpster to the right of the barn. It is recommended that this be included as part of the renter’s contract with the caterers.
- The site must be left in a neat and orderly fashion because the premises are open to the public the following day starting at dawn.
- Careful consideration must be given to equipment and furnishings.
- For social functions, renters/caterers are responsible for set up and break down of tables and chairs.
- Refund of the security deposit depends on the condition of the premises.
- Maine Audubon has a no smoking policy inside buildings.
- Smoking is permitted on the premises outside of buildings.
- Renters are responsible for providing appropriate, fire-safe receptacles for smokers to use.
Parking: Our policy is to provide for your safety by allowing parking is such a way as to allow easy passage of emergency vehicles.