Location: Falmouth, Maine
Immediate Supervisor: Group Administrative Assistant
Purpose of the position:
In support of the mission of Maine Audubon, the Program Support Specialist plays a critical role, providing administrative and programmatic support for Maine Audubon functions and teams. A key role will be supporting the Conservation Department in the fulfillment of core responsibilities. In addition, this person will assist with hiring staff and managing volunteers at Maine Audubon.
- Helps prepare technical program reports; reviews submissions from Citizen Science volunteers; coordinates registration, speakers, agendas, facilities and sustenance for workshops; manages data for Citizen Science volunteer surveys; and conducts background research on specific topics.
- Updates and manages department databases and contact with landowners as needed.
- In coordination with Communications, oversees production of major publications such as technical reports and scientific manuscripts (may involve any or all of the following as requested by staff: typing, editing, formatting, proofing, copying, layout, and printing) as well as general correspondence, memos, and other documents.
- Updates Conservation pages on MA website, including editing existing pages and adding links to reports and other publications as needed.
- Coordinates logistics and materials for various workshops conducted statewide.
- Prepares and handles mass mailings as needed.
- Aids in the recruitment, supervision and connecting of Maine Audubon volunteers with appropriate staff to help with general clerical and property work; trains, supervises and assists volunteers and interns assigned to specific projects. Sets front desk schedule.
- Coordinates all aspects of hiring for Maine Audubon including drafting and posting of job announcements, scheduling interviews, communications with applicants, etc.
- Other duties, tasks, research, projects, events and support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative position
- Flexible team player in a fast-paced office environment.
- Exceptional skills in word processing (MS Word), including familiarity with preparation of reports, manuscripts, charts, tables, and flyers.
- Experience with desktop publishing, email, spreadsheets, databases, Internet Browsers and digital slide shows a must. Experience with these specific computer programs preferred: Gmail and Google docs, MS Publisher, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word Press, Endnotes Plus, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to conduct research and collect information on topics as requested.
- Thorough understandings of the English language, including grammar, spelling, and composition; proofreading and editing skills are highly desirable.
- Willingness to develop new skills and knowledge on program issues as time permits.
- Knowledge of wildlife and environmental issues helpful.
- Customer service experience.
Equipment: Computer, Photocopier (including Scanner and Fax), Printers, Telephone, Postage Meter, Conference phone, Calculator, Projector.
Physical Requirements: Ability to use a computer for long periods. There is some heavy lifting necessary at times for this position (carrying trays of bulk mail, carrying boxes of reports carrying program supplies and equipment, etc.).
Please send cover letter and resume to Program Support Specialist, Maine Audubon, 20 Gilsland Farm Road, Falmouth, ME 04105 or email to [email protected] with “Program Support Specialist” in the subject line. Application deadline is November 14, 2016. Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.