This in-depth 5-hour workshop is designed to provide training for early childhood educators. Growing Up WILD is an education program that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world and lifelong social and academic skills.
Workshop participants will receive the activity guide, Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children, which:
- Is written especially for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
- Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature based, ready-made thematic units and over 400 experiences in a full color 11″x17″ activity guide.
- Includes outdoor explorations, scientific inquiry, art projects, music and movement, conservation activities, reading and math connections and “Healthy Me” dovetailing with the Let’s Move Campaign
- Involves social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
- Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially, and culturally appropriate.
- Is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and the Head Start Domains
Contact: Linda Woodard - 207-781-2330 x213