Maine Audubon is a widely respected conservation organization located in Falmouth, Maine with state-wide influence. The position of Digital Media Manager involves oversight and strategic use of all of Maine Audubon’s digital marketing technology and combines some aspects of the CTO, and CIO roles with a solid digital marketing focus. As part of the Advancement and Communications team, the Digital Media Manager administers the online communications plan and develops and maintains Maine Audubon’s website and coordinates Maine Audubon’s efforts to use other digital media. The Digital Media Manager effectively communicates complex information in a compelling and differentiated manner to a wide variety of audiences to build a broad-based community of support for Maine Audubon. He/she is responsible for the successful evolution of Maine Audubon’s communications and marketing in the digital world.
As part of the Marketing & Communications team, the Digital Media Manager supports Maine Audubon’s commitment to growing our constituent base and shares out goal of increasing public awareness of our mission. As a principal communications resource for the organization, this position works closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to satisfy requests from across the organization and to flexibly respond to needs and deadlines.
Essential and Specific Functions
Manage and execute all online communications with Maine Audubon constituents:
- Under the direction of the Director of Advancement and Communications and in consultation with the Communications and Marketing Manager, develop online communication strategies and schedules
- Execute tactics for search engine marketing
- Implement all email communications
- Execute online marketing efforts for social media constituent engagement
- Work with Communications & Marketing Manager to develop and maintain blogs and website content
- Stay current with all relevant online media and communication tools and technologies
- Utilize social listening to understand current conversations about Maine Audubon and how it can create new social opportunities
- Develop analytics to measure effectiveness of online marketing and communications
Manage Maine Audubon’s website
- Oversee the maintenance and health of Maine Audubon’s website; recommend and execute improvements
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Manager to create appropriate online content, including blogs, photos and videos
- Ensure appropriate online support for Maine Audubon programming and public events
- Guide online communication strategies and approaches for outreach and advocacy support
- Support membership acquisition and fundraising efforts through web-based appeals and outreach
- Identify emerging technologies, trends and services to increase the effectiveness of online engagement
- Evaluate Maine Audubon’s digital data base needs; help select and manage appropriate data base software
Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus two to five years of professional experience in website development, content management systems and online marketing
- Superb writing and communications skills
- Extensive experience in digital communications/social media and marketing
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress
- Extensive knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with Blackbaud NetCommunity and Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to manage multiple projects, changing deadlines and different staff in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, ability to manage time and excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with program staff
- Ability to manage and document details in order to maintain complete and accurate electronic and paper files.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Extensive sitting.
- Substantial keyboard, mouse work and screen time.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Media Manager in the subject line. Review of applications will begin on January 23, 2015
Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any job offers are contingent on a successful criminal background check.