Location: Falmouth, ME
Supervisor: Jeremy Cluchey, Director of Communications
Maine Audubon seeks a creative, data-driven, conservation-minded marketing professional to join our communications team and support the organization’s promotion of our work, programs, and events.
As the state’s leading wildlife conservation organization, Maine Audubon is working to help Mainers become the nation’s most informed and effective stewards of wildlife and habitat. We do this through an innovative blend of educational programming, citizen science and conservation fieldwork, and public policy advocacy.
As a key member of the Maine Audubon communications team, the Marketing Manager will play a central role in helping the organization promote its work and communicate its messages to a broad and growing audience in Maine and beyond. The person in this role will utilize a variety of platforms spanning all types of media, from print to web to social, and will use analytics to help inform and direct organizational communications strategy.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), permanent position based at Maine Audubon’s Gilsland Farm headquarters in Falmouth, Maine.
- Shape Maine Audubon’s marketing strategy and lead its implementation on every platform.
- Serve as the primary manager and curator of Maine Audubon’s public-facing email, website, and social media channels.
- Regularly create informative, engaging web and social content.
- Participate in planning and content creation for Habitat, our quarterly magazine.
- Help manage brand, reputation, and general information on third-party sites.
- Ensure all marketing aligns with organizational messages and upholds brand standards.
- Use and champion analytics and data to inform and improve communication efforts.
- Assist in the creation and management of online event listings.
- Coordinate with staff across departments to maintain Maine Audubon’s editorial calendar.
- Manage and optimize all paid advertising efforts for the organization.
- Assist with press/media relations.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of marketing principles and best practices and broad experience implementing them across different types of media.
- In-depth experience working with digital analytics, including Google Analytics, and using data to inform communications.
- Total comfort with existing and emerging digital marketing technologies and a commitment to staying on top of changes in the digital landscape.
- Strong writing and grammar skills and experience developing an organizational “voice.”
- Ability to find “the signal in the noise” in analytics, distilling key findings from data and turning them into actionable insights for others.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and a talent for balancing multiple competing priorities.
- Initiative, drive, and the ability to chase down an idea and bring it to fruition.
- Familiarity and experience with wildlife conservation issues is a plus.
- Experience working in WordPress and Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to chip in on other projects as needed.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Application deadline is March 30, 2017. Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.